Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A small start...

It's been ages since I've posted anything, so I'm forcing myself to at least write something today, to at least get the ball rolling.

This is a picture of one of the shattered trees on our street (our house is in the right corner). We're still seeing the effects of the ice storm, which pounded Fort Wayne on the Friday before Christmas. We lived a pioneer existence, sort of, for five days without electricity, which, looking back, I'm grateful for. I have a new-found appreciation for washing machines, dryers, furnaces, hair dryers, dishwashers, computers, lamps, TVs, cable, all charge-able electronics, blenders, microwaves, cordless phones, and the list could continue ad infinitum. I heard on the radio yesterday that the cost of restoring power to Fort Wayne residents cost $10 million. Amazing, eh? We got a kerosene heater, which was fabulous. The cats loved it so much that I'm almost willing to use it even with the furnace working. Almost.

Today is another snow day. Only got a skiff of snow, but apparently the roads are icy. But snow days WITH electricity are a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment