Friday, November 10, 2006

Some exciting news!
I heard yesterday from our lovely editor, Melanie Cecka, at Bloomsbury USA, that Cheep! Cheep! has been nominated for a Kate Greenaway Award. This is a British award, similar to the Caldecott in America, which is awarded to a children's picture book for illustrations. I am so pleased and so proud of Carol Baicker-McKee, the illustrator of Cheep! Cheep!, and my dear friend. Her little chicks are so incredibly adorable. She completely deserves many awards for her three-dimensional fabric art.

We also found out yesterday (as if that weren't enough great news) that Cheep! Cheep! has been named one of Parenting magazine's best books of the year, which is just so darn exciting. Here's a link to last year's best books. The '06 best books will be in the new Parenting magazine by mid-November.

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! It is such an adorable book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Julie, congrats! I have not seen this book yet as I no longer have little ones. But what an honor to be recognized by Parenting magazine. Wow, I know another celebrity!

    ReplyDelete