Monday, February 19, 2007

In the last week, I've had two different fortune cookies. Here are my fortunes:

"You have the ability to sense and know higher truth."

"Genius does what it must and talent does what it can."

The first one is just weird. Is there "higher" truth apart from "lower" truth?

I have no idea what the second one even means. I understand if it would have been talent only takes you half way to your goal. The other half is hard work. But this? I don't get it, which means I'm neither a genius or talented, apparently.

What's the deal with fortune cookies these days?

Clearly, I'm avoiding anything that could be called work, which is why I'm posting about inane things.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:00 PM

    My 14 year old son thinks the fortunes from those cookies are what a lot of churches use for tidbits of wisdom on their outdoor signs.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete