Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Annoyed

So I ordered a refill of allergy medicine this week from Express Scripts--the mail order company that our insurance pays to lower our prescription costs. The service was fairly fast. I ordered it maybe last Friday, and it arrived yesterday.

But when I opened the package (which was not tampered with or damaged in any way), I found loose pills all over the package. What was up with that?! I gathered up the pills and counted them. I could account for all of them, but I wasn't so sure I wanted to give a bunch of loose pills to my child for his allergies.

So I called Express Scripts today. I was transferred to the pharmacist who told me that the inside of the package is just as clean as the inside of the bottle, so we should go ahead and use them. Okay...well...I guess I can accept that. But then when she asked me if there was anything else she could help me with today, I said that maybe the next time we ordered our prescriptions they could make sure the bottles were shut.

What annoyed me was her response. It wasn't: I'm sorry, I will make sure that this doesn't happen again. Or: we will make every effort to ensure that the bottles are secured before throwing them in your package. Or even: We'll do our best. Her response was: "Oh, well, sometimes this happens. Not very often, but occasionally it does."

What? A customer asks you not to throw around medicine for her child and you say, Oh, it doesn't happen too often, but oh well. Can't really do anything about that. Grrr

No comments:

Post a Comment