Thursday, November 05, 2009

Six-Word Memoirs

In one of the e-newsletters I get on teaching, I saw this really cool writing assignment. The idea is to write a memoir in only six words. It's kind of like a really cool new form of haiku. Here is just one link to you tube videos of various groups of students across the country who have tried this activity. I started this activity with my writing students yesterday, and with only 5 or 10 minutes, some students came up with brilliant memoirs! Here is mine (but will probably write a couple of others):

Blonde doesn't begin to describe me.

So, you all should definitely try it! Leave a comment with your six-word memoir.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. love this assignment and really, really love your memoir - so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. Now write yours! Man, I miss you. :(

    ReplyDelete