Sunday, November 03, 2013

Bulb Planting Time

It's Bulb Planting Time!

I finally got out to my garden today--something I've been trying to do for weeks--to plant my daffodil and tulip bulbs. This year I decided to plant deeper and to layer some mulch over the top so that (hopefully!) the squirrels won't get to them. As I was digging, I didn't find a single bulb leftover from a previous year. I don't know how many I've planted--not too many, but at least 20-25. But none were to be found. 

Here are some photos of my and Lucy's adventure: 
Lucy, my faithful companion for 12 years

I think my iPhone camera is dying because all of these look blurry



Bulbs cozied together

Finished bed - it looks redder than in real life, but all they had left at the store was red mulch
In honor of bulb planting time, here are a couple of poems:

Bulb Planting Time by Edgar Guest

The Daffodils by William Wordsworth--my all-time favorite flower poem

1 comment:

  1. I didn't plant any this year, just couldn't seem to get going with it, and now that you've mentioned the squirrels-eek, they might dig and eat them here, too! Your mulch looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete