Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Moving, part 3


Today is a day to finish up things in the garages and move onto the freezer. Blech. First, though, I shined (shone?) my sink. So, if you have heard me talk about Flylady, you can tune me out. If not, it's a great website for anyone who takes care of a house to look at.

Flylady helps you gain control of housework and CHAOS (which stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Synodrome). She suggests simple, quick solutions to making sure your house is at least somewhat neat and tidy. Her rule of thumb that has always stuck with me is to have a shiny sink. Start there. Make sure your sink is free of dirty dishes, and shining clean. To do this the first time, fill up your kitchen sink with a combination of bleach and hot water. Let it sit a little while, and then drain. Wipe out with a clean towel, and you have your first shiny sink. Then try to keep it clean all day. Before you go to bed, wipe it out, shine it up, etc.

This philosophy to me says: start simple. Start with the little things (a made bed, a clean sink), and those little cluttery things won't stress you out.

So, here's my shiny sink with my pretty angel figurines (from my girlfriends and sister-in-law and mom). During the move, I'm trying to keep some areas of the house relatively normal. The sink is one of those.

Below are some cute pictures of the kitties and Lucy.


P.S. Sorry the spacing and font are so weird. I don't have time to fuss with Blogger! Grr!

2 comments:

  1. As I sit in our warm home (and pretend we're moving, as I do twice a year to de-clutter), I think of you and all you're dealing with! Praying everything goes smoothly with your house closing and your move westward. Flylady is fantastically addictive & so helpful even if she's over the edge!! :) God's blessings for a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui11:31 AM

    That was a nice post, Julie. We will miss you very much! Nice pictures of the kitties and Lucy :-) I'm sure your new congregation will love all of you :-)

    ReplyDelete