Friday, November 04, 2005

The Project I'm working on
Often, people ask me what I'm writing. Am I working on a new project? Any new ideas? I always find that question difficult to answer because I'm always working on several projects at once. My projects fall into one of these steps: 1. I get a brand new idea, 2. I make notes and jottings on the new idea, 3. I write a rough draft of the new idea, 4. I get my draft critiqued, 5. I revise and clean-up a version so it's ready for submission, 6. I revise, sometimes endlessly.

Lately, I've been struggling with revisions, and if there's any "writer's block" that I get, it's in this stage. The piece isn't "connecting," it doesn't have enough tension, etc. These are problems that are not easy to fix.

Right now, I'm currently working on 4 brand new ideas for picture books, 1 project that I'm revising that is close to being finished, and 2 projects that are stuck in the revision process.

And by the way, here's a great site for children's writers. It's Jane Yolen's official website, and this info she has for writers is really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment