Friday, November 18, 2005


Thanksgiving Book

The time has come to unashamedly plug my children's picture book Thanksgiving: A Harvest Celebration. This was published by Concordia Publishing House two years ago. I was so excited to see it in Barnes & Noble last night here in Pittsburgh, and other people have told me they've seen in at other B & Ns.

The book follows the pilgrims on the Mayflower across the ocean to Plymouth Rock and chronicles much of the first year in America. These were Christian people who thanked God for the blessings of their first harvest, so that is where I end the story. It's simple enough for young children to understand, and is a nice story for families to read together. A friend of mine told me she read it to a Cub Scout group, others use it in churches, etc. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment