Saturday, December 30, 2006

Favorite Movies of 2006
Some years we add our favorites of the year to our Christmas letter, but this year we didn't quite get around to that. So here are my movie favorites (just in case you're interested). I'll do the books (which are much harder to choose from) tomorrow:

New Release Movies I liked (not in any particular order):
Walk the Line
Pride and Prejudice
Akeelah and the Bee
Lady in the Water
The Navity Story
The Great Raid
Cinderella Man

Older Movies I liked:
Apollo 13
Saving Private Ryan
To Kill a Mockingbird

Biggest disappointments:
Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire (all I can say after seeing that is yuck)
Eight Below (way too sad; just can't handle doggie movies)
Dukes of Hazzard (I'm embarrassed that I even watched it)

3 comments:

  1. Could you comment on why you liked "Walk the Line"? I am a huge Johnny Cash fan, and I hated it. It seemed to bring out all of Cash's flaws and absolutely none of his virtues.

    A movie I'd heartily recommend (might be in the dollar theatre south of town soon) is "Stranger than Fiction." Definitely my favorite movie of 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look back to my April 2006 archives, I did blog about the movie right after we watched it. Basically, I think Joaquin Phoenix is a phenomenal actor and I was totally impressed with the fact that he and Reese Witherspoon did their own vocals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very useful post shared by you.Thanks for providing such a valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete