Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Book Tag
My dear husband from Burr in the Burgh tagged me to respond to this:

1. Total number of books you own?

Hmm...that's a tough one. We have lots and lots of books in almost every room of the house, plus many that we don't have room for. We use the library A LOT.

2. What is the last book(s) you bought?

I bought a couple of books for my son last week at our PTA's Scholastic book fair, which I chaired. One cool book was "How Big is it," a children's book comparing the relative size of things. I was amazed to see how enormous St. Peter's basilica in Rome is compared to the Great Pyramid in Egypt. The pyramid is only a little taller and wider.

3. What was the last book you read?

I just finished "Headlong" by Michael Frayn. The theme was so Hamlet--the protagonist's worst qualities in the end defeat him. But it was hilarious. The protagonist, Martin, and his wife are art historians and in the course of the story Martin thinks he's discovered a long-lost painting of Pieter Bruegel. It was a pretty good escape novel, but had extended sections of art history, which was hard to get through.


4. List 5 books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order):

1 & 2 - Of course, the Bible and Luther's Small Catechism, ditto for the Book of Concord.
3 - anything by Jane Austen, Shakespeare or Dickens (okay, I know that's more than one book, but still)
4 - Julia Cameron's The Right to Write - which has helped me keep on writing.

Now I'm off to write my own book...

No comments:

Post a Comment